The BIM Focus Group is a special interest group designed to share challenges, successes, and a variety of experiences from the AEC industry in our area. This cross-disciplined group focuses on individual topics at regular meetings to share meaningful use of BIM and projects in an open format. Topics vary from showcasing a particular software or project to broad issues such as interoperability and cross-discipline collaboration. The goal of this group is to more effectively use BIM across all disciplines to advance our AEC professionals and projects. The meetings are hosted by AIA Memphis. Anyone in the group may present or suggest a topic for discussion by the group.
Disrupting your Senses: Reality Capture and Wearable Technology for the AEC
For the third quarter meeting of the AIA Memphis BIM Focus Group, attendees will have hands-on experience with virtual reality and augmented reality hardware as well as reality capture hardware/software. The presenters will discuss the differences in the technologies and the advantages of each. The session will also address the importance of this growing market as it pertains to design visualization, consultant coordination, and construction planning of a project and as-built documentation.
For this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify different types of software and hardware used for virtual and augmented reality and the differences and advantages of the technologies.
- Identify different types of software and hardware used for reality capture and the differences and advantages of the technologies.
- Discuss how virtual and augmented reality can be used to coordinate multiple disciplines in design and construction.
- Explore the growing markets of 3D design visualization, virtual reality, and augmented reality with confidence.
- Plan a course of action and implementation for the use of advanced design visualization, consultant coordination, and construction planning techniques in his/her own practice.
Recommended by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Free for: AIA Memphis Architects, Associates, and Corporate Partners; WTABC Members; ASHRAE Members
$20 for Non-Members
2017 BIM Focus Group Series Proudly Sponsored by