The BIM Focus Group is a special interest group designed to share challenges, successes, and a variety of experiences from the AEC industry in our area. This cross-disciplined group focuses on individual topics at regular meetings to share meaningful use of BIM and projects in an open format. Topics vary from showcasing a particular software or project to broad issues such as interoperability and cross-discipline collaboration. The goal of this group is to more effectively use BIM across all disciplines to advance our AEC professionals and projects. The meetings are hosted by AIA Memphis. Anyone in the group may present or suggest a topic for discussion by the group.
(AIA/CES 1-hr HSW)
June 6: Making Informed Decisions to Optimize Building Performance
Synopsis: Gain a competitive advantage in solving the most challenging design problems. AEC Professionals are exploring better ways to deliver quality projects. Explore design options to insure your design meets Fire Safety and Energy Requirements. Utilize Analysis & Simulation technology to simulate building performance, such as Occupant Thermal Comfort and Wind Flow. Finally integrate simulation results into the BIM authoring tool, to help you make better informed design and business decisions.
- Gain insight into building performance over the project lifecycle
- Perform model checks to validate Fire Safety & Energy Requirements
- Leverage model-based Energy Simulation and Wind Flow
- Explore Occupant Thermal Comfort and Indoor Air Quality
- Learn more about the Living Building Challenge & the AIA 2030 Challenge
- Incorporate Building Performance criteria in the BIM Project Execution Plan (PxP)
Recommended by contacting email@example.com
Free for AIA Memphis Architects, Associates, Corporate Partners, and ABC Members
$20 for Non-Members
2018 BIM Focus Group Series Proudly Sponsored by